Saturday, December 25, 2010

Black Fairy Lethal


My first image for this blog, Black Fairy Lethal. An image I painted in photoshop on Christmas eve and day (I don't really have a family to do the Christmas thing with so it usually becomes a bit of and art and booze day).
The idea was to make an art nouveau style image, with a mix of the bioshock rapture style dystopia setting. I am quite happy with this piece and its what I would call a finished piece rather then a sketch or study, as such I have added it to my redbubble and prints can be purchased through there. (and finished work I usually add there on the off chance someone wants a print.)

I'll just add a note here to say, this blog is not about my pimping art for sale, but as I am using it to document my creative endeavours I will note when I have added something to the saleable pile.

Now I am turning an eye to stuff I really need to work on, images with complex backgrounds, concepts of creatures, machines and environments. I need to push myself and not play safe... that probably includes drawing more men, though my motivation is often low in that regard. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the weathered poster style. The circuitry on the wings is rather neat indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I must admit it is the most happy I have been with a piece in quiet a while

    ReplyDelete

Followers